The Sailfish OS settings should be applied in Android apps, too. However, there may be some glitches, i.e., not everything works that way. Hence it may be necessary to access the Android settings and try to adjust them.
The following instructions concern Sailfish OS 3.3.0 and later.
The most often needed settings are the permissions to access certain services and the notifications from various apps shown on the screen.
1) Accessing the settings of an individual Android app
This requires the Android App Support 8.1 which implies Xperia XA2 and Xperia 10 products (status: June 2020).
The "Open Android settings" button and Android settings app are not available on products with earlier versions of Android App Support (Jolla Phone, Jolla Tablet, Jolla C, Xperia X).
1) Go to Settings > Apps > [name-of-an-Android-app]
2) Tap button "Open AndroidTM settings" (see picture below, left)
3) Tap "Permissions" (below, middle) to check or change the permissions of this particular app.
4) Consider checking the notifications, storage, and other settings, too.
2) Accessing the common Android settings from CLI
From Sailfish OS 3.3.0 onwards the option to access the general Android settings from the GUI of a phone was removed from Android App SUpport 8.1.
It is still possible to access the common settings of all Android apps by using the command-line interface (CLI). For this, you need to enable the Developer mode, so that you get the Terminal app to your phone.
This CLI approach requires the Android App Support 8.1 which implies Xperia XA2 and Xperia 10 products (status: June 2020).
Do as follows:
1) Open Terminal app
2) Run the following command
The following view appears. In there, it is possible to adjust the settings in each category.
Example: turning the touch screen sounds off
Some Android apps produce sounds on every tap to the touch screen. At least on Sailfish OS 3.3.0, the Sailfish settings cannot prevent these sounds from playing. To silence them:
- open the common settings as in chapter 2 above
- tap Sound
- tap Advanced
- turn Touch sounds off
- close Android settings.