APK Pure contains a good choice of popular Android apps. It is easy to install Android apps to your Sailfish OS device after installing the app of APK Pure.
1. Downloading and installing APK Pure to your Sailfish device
- Open Sailfish Browser app.
- Type and open page m.apkpure.com
- Tap the green-and-white "Download" on that page (see the picture below on the left)
- Tap another green-and-white "Download" - it has the version number and size now. The download of the APK Pure apk file (installation file) begins.
- Wait till the Sailfish OS banner about complete download appears at the top of the screen.
2. Installing APK Pure to your Sailfish device
Let's install APK Pure now.
- Tap the icon at the bottom right corner of the Sailfish Browser window (it has 4 short lines stacked). Next, tap the icon with two vertical arrows above the previous icon. This will open the Transfers page of Sailfish OS.
- Alternatively, instead of using the browser, open Settings app and go directly to menu page "Settings > Transfers".
- The downloaded installation file "APKPure_v.*_apkpure.com.apk" appears on top of the page.
- Sailfish starts installing the APK Pure application. The usual page about the installation of an Android app appears (see the picture below, on the left). Tap "Next" followed by "Install".
Sailfish OS will install the Android app "APK Pure" to your device, then. It will soon appear at the end of the app grid.
3. Installing Android apps from APK Pure to your Sailfish device
- Once the installation of APK Pure app is completed, open this app.
- Tap in the search box at the top of the app window. Type the beginning of your favourite Android app name, e.g. "Insta". APK Pure will show 3 options below. Tap at line "Apps: Insta" (or whichever app name you had written and started searching for).
- Tap "Install" next to your app (e.g. Instagram).
- Let Sailfish install your app.