SailfishOS Update 18
The more complete release notes are in together.jolla.com.
Release ID: SailfishOS 188.8.131.52 Saimaa
Release date: 2015-10-22 (first early access)
Release date: 2015-XX-XX (public release)
Early access to releases
Please ensure that you have some free disk space before attempting to upgrade your Jolla. Check that the upper figure in the circle (see the picture below) in menu page Settings > System > About product does not exceed 10 GB. If it does then delete some video clips, pictures or other data from Phone Memory.
If connected to the internet, your Jolla should receive an OS update notification shortly.
Please pay attention to the following advice:
- If your device is running software version lower than 184.108.40.206 and have WareHouse app installed (i.e you are using OpenRepos), disable all OpenRepos repositories before attempting to upgrade your device
- In all cases please uninstall the Open Repos app Phonehook before the OS update - it has been found out to contribute to OS update failures.
- It is good the close all other apps before you start the update
- Do not restart the device while the update is in progress
- Keep the battery charger connected to the phone
- The device screen may blank out during the update process, you may waken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress.
For detailed instructions on updating software, visit our Help Center.
Once the device has rebooted after a successful upgrade, Android runtime starts to update it's environment. Allow a couple of minutes for it to finish its stuff before taking the phone into regular use. Using the phone during this period can appear sluggish.
- Fixed a communication issue when uninstalling an Android app from Jolla Store. APK daemon now sends the remove signal.
- Several fixes to improve the first start of some Android apps
- Alarms again work even if the phone has been turned off (given the battery is not empty)
- Fixed the issue of missing 'Freedom' ambience
- Prevented ambience pictures from changing by themselves
- Previewing ambience settings fixed - no more unexpected changes to sounds selected
- Currently active ambience is now indicated in the list of ambiences
- Creating ambience from images works in more robust way now
- TOH tones are freely selectable for any ambience after installation of TOH package.
- Adjusting the application volume of Android apps improved
- On URL change (typically caused by redirection) the title text is no more cleared
- Memory savings achieved in case where display is turned off while playing a video clip with the browser
- Mobile Youtube changed their protocol - Browser adapted to the change
- Password dialog did not trigger virtual keyboard on Google Authentication Forms. Fixed now.
- Retweeting at twitter.com now possible
- Week 1 for year 2016 added (week 53 of 2015 had caused a conflct)
- Fix for the issue of yearly events created in Jolla calendar get corrupted when synced to Outlook
- Incoming call used to break video recording so that it could not be continued after the call. This is fixed now.
- Fixed an issue that caused the video being recorded to be corrupted sometimes if an incoming call is answered
- EXIF data (manufacturer, model, resolution, aspect) fixed
- Settings of the tablet camera corrected
- Switching between landscape and portrait changes in camera roll does not change the picture any more
- New cover design
- Initial support for customer specific content added
- Behaviour of PackageKit (compared to zypper) unified in determining which package version is considered higher
- WLAN network scanning improved
- WLAN network dialog got a longer timeout: timeout of password dialog changed from 3 to 5 minutes
- Status of mobile data connection reliable now
- Device keeps the Internet sharing name (tethering name) over OS updates
- Folder /opt/sdk is now created automatically to the device
- Accounts: number of active notifications per email account limited to 100
- Exchange: Improved the reliability of updating emails; showing mesage body fixed
- Pulley menu in "Outbox" has now options "Send" or "Send all" instead of "Update"
- Jolla 1: Pick your favorite settings shortcuts to be shown in the Events view
- Jolla 1: Perform your favorite actions directly from the Events view. E.g. connecting to internet, search the web, find your location, take a photo, make a note or add a reminder
- Facebook notifications and recent Twitter tweets are back in Events
- Improvements to housekeeping mode: "Clear notifications" in pulley menu works now correctly, support added for clearing Facebook notifications
- Mobile data icon on shortcut pulley menu is now in sync with the true status of the service
- "Search the web" quick action fixed
- Notification group headers are again clickable also when the group has multiple messages
- Quick Actions panel added to events view for Jolla 1
- Split view is collapsed when video playback starts, i.e. playback in full screen.
- Opening the app launcher from events view made easier
- Phone: Don't hide new alarm windows when the display is off.
- New system dialog style
HW adaptation & kernel:
- Graphics performance of tablet improved
- Optimized bootup
- Display power on and power off sequences improved
- Changing system time no more causes dimming of display and locking of device
- Touch recognition on tablet made to start faster
- CPU governor tuned up for UI fluidity and power saving.
- improvements to the translations of several UI texts
- Using a search result works now reliably.
- Issue of sender name missing from single message cover fixed; calculation of new message view height fixed
- Fix for sending group SMS messages
- Fix for viewing contact card from a group SMS
- Reliability in case of heavy usage improved.
- Fix for mounting micro SD cards to Jolla tablet.
- Notes shared & opened via Email work correctly now.
- Possible to make searches in PDF documents.
- USSD push messages are now shown, allowing the user of prepaid SIM's to follow the costs, for instance
- Fixed the issue of making calls to exceptionally long phone numbers
- Dismissing call should now work more reliably
- Stability and usability of the new Settings app improved
- Pulley menu on Lockscreen fixed
- Flight mode: flight mode is reverted to the same status that it was in before starting an OS update
- Fixed the issue of not saving option "sync content manually" in Yahoo account settings
- Google account can now refresh credentials after backup/restore
- SignOn identity in Exchange accounts now properly updated after password change
- Sync options of different email accounts unified
- Tablet emulator's Opacity Ramp's Slope corrected
- RPM validator accepts now 4 different icon sizes, allowing more versatile 3rd party app icons
- RPM validator allows more GLIBC symbols for i486 packages.
- RPM validator allows to import QtQuick 2.2 and org.nemomobile.configuration
- RPM validator now just warns if an app uses silica booster instead of silica - qt5 booster, apps written with Go can't use silicat - qt5 booster.
- Valid links to types and classes in Qt online documentation added to Silica HTML documentation
Security: - Android support: a media server vulnerability (Stagefright2 CVE - 2015 - 3842) fixed - Stagefright vulnerabilities (CVE - 2015 - 1538, CVE - 2015 - 1539, CVE - 2015 - 3824, CVE - 2015 - 3826, CVE - 2015 - 3827, CVE - 2015 - 3828, CVE - 2015 - 3829) fixed
- Android Support started later now, only after the user has accepted to start installing Android apps
- Re - installation of apps prevented if the wizard has been run before. Also prevents the Android Support icon appearing in Launcher.
- sizes of objects (buttons, text fields, font sizes, etc.) and alignments refined in several places
- Some glitches in the playback of recorded videos eliminated
- Gstreamer: playing AIFF format fixed. Support for playing OPUS format added.
- Gstreamer: a regression in RTSP stream playback fixed; makes Y-Radio work again
- 1080p video recording implemented for tablet.
For detailed changelog, see https://together.jolla.com/question/116057/changelog-200-saimaa/