This article will quickly introduce you to the keys and connectors of your Jolla Tablet. You will also learn about entering your MicroSD card into your device, and get recommendations on further reading.
1 Device Overview
1 Power Key
To switch your Tablet on, press and hold down the power key for 3 seconds, or until the Jolla-logo appears on the screen. You can wake up your Tablet with a short press of the power key. You can also double-tap to wake up your device’s screen.
When in the Home screen, long-pressing the power key will reveal the Top Menu, which has a button for switching off your device.
For additional power key functions, see our article Power key shortcuts.
2 Volume Key
You use these keys to control the volume related to certain tasks and situations on your device. On the Jolla Tablet, you can also adjust volume with a three-finger gesture:
To read more about adjusting volume in Sailfish, please see here.
The volume keys can also be used to take pictures when you're using the Camera:
- You can take a photo both with the volume up and volume down key.
- When you press a volume key down in the camera, the camera finds focus and you can adjust the framing (make sure everything you want is in the picture). Once it's perfect, you can simply release the volume key and the photo is taken.
Read more about this in our Camera article.
3 Headphone Connector
Your Jolla will automatically use your headphones when you plug them into this socket. The socket/jack/connector can also be used as a line-out for playing music through external speakers.
To read more about supported headphones, please see our article Headphones & Jolla (AHJ).
4 Charging / USB
Your Jolla comes equipped with a MicroUSB 2.0 port which you can use to charge it or to connect to other USB devices using the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). USB OTG is also supported by Jolla Tablet. In Developer Mode, you can form an SSH-connection over USB.
For more on this please see our article How do I transfer files between a PC and my Jolla?
Charging can be done with any standard charger or using a PC, but it is much quicker when using a dedicated charger. The recommended specification for a charger for the Jolla Tablet is something with output over 1.0 A.
5 Memory Card slot (MicroSD)
The only card slot on the Jolla Tablet is the one for a memory card. The supported type is MicroSD.
2 Inserting a memory card into your Tablet
Jolla Tablet supports the 'Micro SD’ memory card standard. For more technical details about supported memory cards, please see here.
We ask that you never use tools for inserting or removing the memory card. You don't need a lot of force to install or remove the card, only precision.
Inserting a memory card into your Jolla Tablet:
- Place the Tablet so, that the display is facing you.
- Enter the MicroSD card in to the slot on the right side of the device, with it’s “golden” contacts up, facing you:
2.1 Removing the memory card
- Place your fingernail on the slightly visible edge of the memory card
- Press down with your nail on the side of the card
- The memory card will “bounce out” of the device slightly
- You can now carefully pull out the card.
3 Related articles