SailfishOS Update 15
The more complete release notes are in together.jolla.com.
Release ID: SailfishOS 126.96.36.199 Aaslakkajärvi
Release date: 2015-06-08 (early access)
Release date: 2015-06-15 [**] (public release)
[**] If early access users do not report any severe issues.
NOTE: Update 14 (1.1.5.yy) was never published. The changes of it were merged to Update 15.
Early access to releases
Please ensure that you have some free disk space before attempting to upgrade your Jolla. Check that the upper figure in the circle (see the picture below) in menu page Settings > System > About product does not exceed 10 GB. If it does then delete some video clips, pictures or other data from Phone Memory.
If connected to the internet, your Jolla should receive an OS update notification shortly.
Please pay attention to the following advice:
- If your device is running software version lower than 188.8.131.52 and have WareHouse app installed (i.e you are using OpenRepos), disable all OpenRepos repositories before attempting to upgrade your device
- In all cases please uninstall the Open Repos app Phonehook before the OS update - it has been found out to contribute to OS update failures.
- Do not restart the device while the update is in progress
- Keep the battery charger connected to the phone
- The device screen may blank out during the update process, you may waken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress.
For detailed instructions on updating software, visit our Help Center.
Once the device has rebooted after a successful upgrade, Android runtime starts to update it's environment. Allow a couple of minutes for it to finish its stuff before taking the phone into regular use. Using the phone during this period can appear sluggish.
- Browser: private browsing mode now is avaible. Choose 'Private browsing' in the pulldown menu of the tab view of the browser.
- Email: search emails by keyword via the pulldown menu in Mail app
- Email: you can now select and mark multiple emails as read/unread
- Email: A notification is shown now if an attachment cannot be opened.
- Phone: view phone number of a contact in the call log via tap-and-hold on the call log entry.
- File system: notification on file system getting full is now shown in Events view. This means that you should move some data out from the phone to free some memory space.
- Permanent memory: You can see a detailed view on the memory usage (non-volatile) by tapping on the memory info in Settings > System > About product.
- OS updating:
-update notifications on updates appear automatically in Events view and in Lock screen when there is a newer OS version available (if you never downloaded the previous update)
-the file system is checked and optimised before downloading an OS update. This will be in effect from the next OS update onwards.
- Mobile data: settings of mobile data and MMS can be reset using the pulldown menu (in case of problems).
- Multimedia messages (MMS): Added an option to send read receipts to senders of MMS messages (Settings > Apps > Messages).
- Import of calendar entries (.vcs, .ical) from Settings > System > Transfers to Calendar app added.
- In the release notes of our previous OS update (1.1.4) we informed that due to Facebook's API changes we lost most of the FB functionalities in Sailfish OS. We are now glad to inform that all FB functionalities, except instant messaging and contacts sync, are now working. Simply re-login to Facebook and the functionalities should work again (also with the previous software version). We are looking into the missing functionalities, and hoping add them too soon.
Notifications for voicemail messages (this is subject to your mobile network operator providing push notifications).
- CVE-2015-2922, CVE-2010-5107, CVE-2011-0539, CVE-2011-5000, CVE-2012-0814, CVE-2014-2532, CVE-2014-2653, CVE-2015-1877.