SailfishOS Update 13
The more complete release notes are in together.jolla.com.
Release ID: SailfishOS 22.214.171.124 Äijänpäivänjärvi
Release date: 2015-04-16 (early access)
Release date: 2015-05-04 (public release)
NOTE: Update 12 (1.1.3.yy) was never published. The related changes were merged to Update 13.
Early access to releases
Please ensure that you have some free disk space before attempting to upgrade your Jolla. Check that the upper figure in the circle (see the picture below) on menu page Settings > System > About product does not exceed 11 GB. If it does then delete some video clips, pictures or other data from Phone Memory.
If connected to the internet, your Jolla should receive an OS update notification shortly.
Please pay attention to the following advice:
- If your device is running software version lower than 126.96.36.199 and have WareHouse app installed (i.e you are using OpenRepos), disable all openrepo repositories before attempting to upgrade your device
- In all cases please uninstall the Open Repos app Phonehook before the OS update - it has been found out to contribute to OS update failures.
- Do not restart the device while the update is in progress
- Keep the battery charger connected to the phone
- The device screen may blank out during the update process, you may waken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress.
For detailed instructions on updating software, visit our Help Center.
Once the device has rebooted after a successful upgrade, Android runtime starts to update it's environment. Allow a couple of minutes for it to finish its stuff before taking the phone into regular use. Using the phone during this period can appear sluggish.
- Sailfish Utilities has got the tool to "Restart keyboard"
- Sailfish Maps app works now in the landscape orientation, too.
- Virtual keyboard can be divided into two parts in landscape mode, one for the left and the other for the right hand. This is obviously more useful on the bigger screen of the Tablet
- "Check for updates" option is available also when an OS update is already found, making it possible to do a search for newer OS update if available
- IMAP idle/push support added to mail accounts. IMAP email accounts can apply the "always-up-to-date" schedule.
- Better feedback for swipe gestures
- Icons are now independent of resolution.
- After installing this OS update, the previously configured Facebook account will practically stop working, i.e. no instant messaging, contact sync, sharing images from Gallery nor updating status from Events view. We are waiting to obtain approval from Facebook on our new implementation which is based on API version 2.2 (launched by Facebook). Until this, the account remains fairly broken. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Highlights of improvements
- CVE-2015-0245, CVE-2014-9402, CVE-2013-7423, CVE-2014-9402, CVE-2015-1472, CVE-2015-1473, CVE-2014-9092, CVE-2014-3571, CVE-2015-0206, CVE-2014-3569, CVE-2014-3572, CVE-2015-0204, CVE-2015-0205, CVE-2014-8275, CVE-2014-3570, CVE-2014-9636, CVE-2014-8139, CVE-2014-9636 , CVE-2014-9622, CVE-2015-1349.