SailfishOS Update 11
The complete release notes are in together.jolla.com.
Release ID: SailfishOS 18.104.22.168 Yliaavanlampi (id of early access version)
Release date: 2015-02-19 (early access)
This SailfishOS update continues to improve the stability and memory management of SailfishOS. In addition, it brings the Sailfish Weather application and a renewed user interface for the Sailfish Browser.
Early access to releases
Please ensure that you have some free disk space before attempting to upgrade your Jolla. Check that the upper figure in the circle (see the picture below) on menu page Settings > System > About product does not exceed 11 GB. If it does then delete some video clips or pictures from Phone Memory.
If connected to the internet, your Jolla should receive an OS update notification shortly.
- If your device is running software version lower than 22.214.171.124 and have WareHouse app installed (i.e you are using OpenRepos), disable all openrepo repositories before attempting to upgrade your device.
- Do not reboot the device while the update is in progress.
- The device screen may blank out during the update process, you may waken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress.
For detailed instructions on updating software, visit our Help Center.
Once the device has rebooted after a successful upgrade, Android runtime starts to update it's environment. Allow a couple of minutes for it to finish its stuff before taking the phone into regular use. Using the phone during this period can appear sluggish.
- A renewed web browser user interface. New toolbar for browsing, improved tab view, and search-on-page functionality. Read more here.
- New SailfishOS Weather application Foreca available in the Jolla Store. Weather information is now integrated to the Events View. Read more here.
- Possibility to customize the main colors of your favorite ambiences. Read more here.
- Auto detection of email authentication capabilities added for generic email accounts. Read more here.
Highlights of improvements
- In case of multiple missed calls or received text messages the latest is shown on top of the list now.
- Releasing of the memory space taken by early incremental backups improved
CVE-2014-9112, CVE-2014-3707, CVE-2014-7824, CVE-2013-7354, CVE-2013-7353, CVE-2013-6393, CVE-2014-2525, CVE-2014-9130, CVE-2014-9295, CVE-2014-9294, CVE-2014-9293, CVE-2014-8104, CVE-2014-8964, CVE-2013-6435, CVE-2014-8767, CVE-2014-8768, CVE-2014-8769, CVE-2014-9140, CVE-2014-8139, CVE-2014-8140 and CVE-2014-8141.
- Proximity sensor no longer blocks touch input during phone start up.