From the Yliaavanlampi 1.1.2.xx update onwards, Jolla will provide a means for users to "opt-in" to Early Releases.
Early Releases are the next intended public releases, but advanced users are given an option to try it out before the public. The reason for this is to try to identify and fix any potentially critical issues the new release might contain.
Below is some additional information:
- The early release access is meant primarily for advanced users, and/or developers
- To sign up for the program there is a slider in the Jolla accounts profile page:
- Sign up is required only once, it's then valid for all later releases
- If you choose to sign out from the early access program just uncheck the box in the account profile page
- After that you will not receive future early access releases, and the current release will not get downgraded
- Only way to downgrade from early access releases is to do a factory reset after removing the sign up check from your account profile
- Early access releases should be considered "stable". Issues found during that period will either be fixed, or added to "known issues" on the release notes
- Signing up for the early access releases will not void warranty.