Adding your Google account to your Jolla will allow you to:
- Transfer contacts from GMail to your People app
- Send and receive emails from your GMail account
- Sync calendars from Google Calendar.
Step-by-step: Setting up your Google account
Below are detailed step-by-step instructions for configuring your Google account with your Sailfish OS device. Make sure it as a working Internet connection before you start.
1. Open "Settings > Accounts". Tap "New account". Select "Google".
2. Accept Google's terms of service
3. Enter your Google-account credentials into the fields
Then, tap "Sign-in".
4. Accept the permissions in the following screen:
5. Review the content to be downloaded from your Google account.
Adjust the settings to your needs.
Tap "Accept" to complete the setup.
Wait until the spinner runs to the end. The account is now installed.
If you for some reason should need to set the Gmail account settings by hand, please see here.