With the help of this article you will learn how to access the command prompt of your Jolla device by using your PC. This will make entering commands into Terminal a lot easier, as you can use your computer's keyboard to type the commands as well as use copy+paste.
Please note: any alterations you make to your phone's software using this method are very likely not covered by your device Warranty. Please also note that activating remote connections to your device poses potential security risks - always deactivate this functionality when you no longer need it!
Proceed at your own risk!
1. Make sure that both your PC and your Jolla are connected to the same WLAN network (SSID).
2. Check the WLAN IP address of your Jolla in Settings > Developer mode.
3. Launch Putty application on PC
- enter your <WLAN IP address> to the Host name (IP address) box
- check that SSH is selected below the box
- click on Open.
4. Terminal window of Putty appears
- type nemo for the username
- type your SSH password
You are now in the phone system in directory /home/nemo.
Check if there are any txt files in the home directory and view their properties
ls -la *.txt
5. When you no longer need the SSH connection we always recommend that you disable allowing remote connections. Having the option open makes your device vulnerable for unwanted connection attempts!