With the help of this article you will learn how to access the command prompt of your Jolla device by using your PC. This will make entering commands into Terminal a lot easier, as you can use your computer's keyboard to type the commands as well as use copy+paste.
1. Make sure you have the Developer mode enabled on your Sailfish device. If not, see this article.
If you have not defined any SSH password yet (or you have forgotten it) in "Settings > Developer tools > Remote connection" then create one for yourself. You will need it soon.
2. Check the WLAN IP address of your Jolla in Settings > Developer mode. Both your PC and your Sailfish OS device must be connected to the same WLAN network (SSID).
3. Launch Putty application on your Windows PC
- enter your WLAN IP address to the Host name (IP address) box
- check that SSH is selected below the box
- click on Open.
4. Terminal window of Putty appears - type nemo for the username
- type your SSH password
You are now in the phone system in directory /home/nemo.
When you no longer need the SSH connection we recommend that you disable remote connections. Having the option open makes your device vulnerable for unwanted connection attempts.
Instructions for SSH connection with screenshots in together.jolla.com