To troubleshoot your MMS issue, please confirm the steps below:
- System version: please make sure, that you are running the latest version of Sailfish OS available for your device.
- Send an MMS on another device: please confirm, that sending MMS messages with the same SIM-card in another device is possible.
- Confirm service terms with operator: please make sure, that you have no restrictions in your subscription to your operator regarding mobile data or MMS.
- Download "Advanced MMS Settings": we have published an app in the Jolla Store, that allows your Jolla to configure itself similarly to other devices, to make sure it isn't your operator blocking Sailfish devices.
- Download and install "MMS Logger" app from Jolla Store. It helps collecting MMS logs from your phone and sending them to our MMS expert who will then investigate what the problem is. Please find the detailed instructions in the end of this article.
If you still can't get MMS to work after these steps:
If you are facing trouble sending MMS after updating your OS to the version 126.96.36.199 (or later), please submit a customer support request and tell us the following details:
- In what country are you using your Jolla when the MMS issue occurs?
- What mobile operator are you using?
- In what way did you obtain your MMS settings (a, b or c)?
a) The phone got them automatically during the first start up - I did not do anything
b) I requested the settings from the operator over the air (with an SMS message)
c) I visited the web service of my operator to check the correct settings. Then I edited them to my phone in menu Settings > System > Mobile network > MMS access point.
- Please do also check your current MMS Settings on your device:
Settings > System > Mobile network > MMS access point. If possible, install application Screenshot from Jolla Store. Then take a screnshot of the MMS settings and deliver the picture to us in Jolla Care.
Please note the following
- If you can either send but not receive MMS messages, or vice versa, usually your settings are correct. Please check with your operator that no blocks are in place. Also make sure you aren't roaming.
- In the MMS settings, remove any leading zeros from the proxy address
(e.g. 183.012.333.002 shall be fixed to 183.12.333.2)
- Check with your cellular operator that Jolla is listed as a phone model in their service
- In the systems of some operators it is necessary to send one MMS message before the reception of them starts working. Share a picture from the Gallery as an MMS message with somebody
- Should you have multiple SIM cards in different phones operated with the same phone number, then MMS will typically work with the primary card only. It will not work with the other SIM cards
- If you are able to receive MMS messages but not the contents of them, then visit menu Settings > Apps > Messages. It is best to turn the automatic download on again. Uncheck button "Download MMS automatically" and then check it again. Due to a bug in some OS versions (at least 188.8.131.52) the initial status of that button may not be correct.
Jolla Store has now a new application called MMS Logger. It makes it easier to collect MMS logs from the phone. It is to be used in this way:
- Install MMS Logger
- Launch MMS Logger
- Launch Gallery, view pictures and select one picture (not a private picture). Send it as an MMS message to yourself to your GSM number.
- Now go back to MMS Logger. Pull down (or push up) and take "Pack and send"
- Choose "Email". Type any text you wish to the message body, such that it would help us to identify your logs among the rest (consider your name, email address, IMEI and the like)
- If it is ok for you to send the log files directly to us then simply send the message in the usual way (the recipient address "firstname.lastname@example.org" is there already). If you want to check the content of the message first, then consider sending it first to yourself, and only then to us (to the address above).
Our MMS expert would then take a look at your log data to find the culprit for the problem.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation!