This article will guide you to move contacts from an Android device to a Jolla phone using Bluetooth.
Please note: as Android heavily relies on a Google account, the easiest way for most Android users to transfer their contacts to Jolla is to simply add their Google Account into Jolla in Settings > Accounts > Add account. To read more about this, please see here.
- Bluetooth enabled on both Jolla and Android phone
- Pair Your Jolla and your Android phone (instructions on how to use Bluetooth)
Export all contacts on the Android phone into a .cvf file:
- on the Android phone; go to App - Options - Import/Export - Export to US storage OR
- select 'Export to SD card' if you have a SD card inserted in your Android phone
- when the contacts are exported; go to 'My Files app' - 'All Files' - 'Device storage' OR
- if you have exported the contacts to the SD card, select 'SD memory card'
Share the exported contacts via Bluetooth
- Select the exported contacts file (usually named contacts.cvf or 0001.vcf)
- Share the file using Bluetooth; press the share icon and select Bluetooth
- From the available list of devices, select your Jolla
- the contacts file will be sent to your Jolla
- Tap 'Accept' to receive the file to your Jolla
Import the received contacts:
- On your Jolla; tap on 'Settings' then 'Apps' and then tap on the 'People' app
- Under 'import contacts' select the recently received file (usually named contacts.vcf or 0001.vcf)
- Now all your contacts are imported to the People app
- Tap on 'View all contacts' if you want to view the imported contacts