The following instructions are tested to work for Windows Phone 8 generation Lumia devices, such as the Lumia 1020, Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and the Lumia 520. Note: these instructions should also work for your Windows Phone 7 device, but if they don't, check the second section of this article!
- You must have a Microsoft account (previously: Windows Live ID or Hotmail account) in use on your Lumia phone. To verify your credentials and to check that your Lumia addressbook is synchronized with Microsoft's service, try logging in at http://contacts.live.com.
Starting the transfer to your Jolla using Exchange
0. Make sure your Jolla has an internet connection
1. Make sure that you have Microsoft Exchange support installed on your Jolla:
Open the Jolla Store and search for "Microsoft", unless you spot the app on the front page of the store. Open the Microsoft Exchange app page, and press install if you don't have it.
2. After doing step 1, go to Settings and select Accounts
3. Pull down on the screen to reveal the pulley menu and select "Add account"
4. Select "Microsoft Exchange" and proceed
5. Entering user credentials:
a) In "Enter email address" type in your Microsoft Account email address
b) In "Enter username" type in your entire Microsoft Account email adddress
c) Type in your Microsoft Account password
d) Leave the domain-field blank
e) Press "Accept" and wait a moment.
The rest of the settings for your account will be retrieved automatically, but if you encounter a problem here, try inserting the settings manually:
Server address: m.hotmail.com
Server port: 443
Secure connection: yes
6. Jolla will ask you which details do you want to synchronize with your device and how often. Accept the settings.
7. Check your People app, your contact should start appearing shortly.
For more help with installing Exchange accounts, please see here.
Transferring contacts from a Windows Phone 7 generation Lumia
The following instructions have been tested on Windows Phone 7 generation devices, such as the Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900.
- If you don’t have it; get Contacts share application from Marketplace.
To Transfer contacts from Nokia Lumia:
- Pair both devices using Bluetooth
- In Lumia; select one or max 15 contacts at a time with 'Contacts share, and transfer them to Jolla.
- In Jolla; accept each contact transfer individually
- The transferred files will appear on your Events screen
- Tap on the transferred contact and the people app is opened with the contacts in it
Lumia contacts may contain information that can not be transferred to Jolla.