Preparing the support for Android applications
- Tap on the Jolla Store
- Install the Android support application.
- Then, search for Yandex Store in the Jolla Store and install it.
- Tap on Yandex.Store application
- Follow the instruction to register in Yandex.
Should you be facing trouble, check this workaround.
Getting Android applications from Yandex Store:
- Once you are registered and signed in to Yandex you can choose your favorite Android apps
- Tap on ‘Free’ (for free apps) to download and install
- Apps that you have to pay for have a price label; tap on the price label to download and install them.
- Do the same for as many apps you want.
- The installed applications are now in the end of the application grid in the Launcher.
Note: There are also other Android application stores available. See this article.
Please also note that when creating a user account directly on the Yandex.Store client, it will ask the user to fill in details for a “password recovery” option. The user is given two options, either fill in details for 1) a secret question or 2) choose to deliver a secret code over mobile phone via SMS. The user should use the secret question as the Yandex.Store client has an issue with the delivery of SMS's with international country prefix (+358).
This is a known issue and is being fixed by Yandex.