How do I send a message?
- Open the message app by going to the Home screen and tapping the Messaging app icon.
- Pull down the menu and tap 'New Message'.
- Tap the '?123' icon to add a phone number manually OR
- Tap the + icon to go to your address book and choose a name from the list. You can also pull down the menu to open 'Search for contacts'.
- Tap contacts name and your Jolla shows you the contact details. Choosing the phone number means you'd be sending an SMS, choosing their IM address means you will be sending an IM.
- When you have selected all the contacts you want, scroll back up and tap the glow on the upper right corner. The glow tells how many contacts you have selected.
- Now you can type your message; tap next to the word 'Hi' and start typing.
- When you are done, tap “Send” to send your message.
How do I read messages?
When you wake up your Jolla, it will tell you in the lock screen if you have new messages.
- Swipe right to open the Events screen for details (Quick Events access needs to be enabled for this).
- In the Events you can see the SMS and IM under the Messages header
- Tapping the message opens your unread message
You can also always open the message app by going to the Home screen and tapping Messaging app icon to see the conversations.
How do I reply to a message?
- Open the message. See How do I read messages for details.
- Type your reply
- Tap 'send'
How do I switch between SMS and IM?
- Open the message app by going to the Home screen and tapping Messaging app icon to see the conversations. You see all your conversations with a friend - sent and received; SMS and IM.
- Open any conversation
- Tapping on 'Change Type' lets you switch between SMS and IM.
- Tapping the text field (where the screen says 'Hi') brings up the keyboard for you to type your message.
- As soon as you start typing, 'Type' changes to 'Send' so when you finish typing you can tap 'Send' to send your message.
Check out this video on using the Messaging app: