The following article has multiple options on how to perform actions, depending whether you have the Quick Call feature on or off. To change this setting, go to Settings > Applications and select "Phone".
Save caller's phone number from an entry in the call history
- Launch Phone app - call history appears
- Tap on a number in the history - depending on the setting “Quick call” in Settings > Apps > Phone, therea are two different ways to save the number:
- Quick call = ON
- Long tap opens up a menu with option 'Open contact card'. Use it. A contact card appears.
- Quick call = OFF
- Short tap opens up a contact card.
- In the contact card, pull down to take 'Save'
- Edit/add details like name and address.
- Save the contact to People app by tapping on 'Accept'
Save sender's phone number from a message (SMS, MMS)
- Launch Messages app
- Tap on a message in the Inbox
- Pull left to show the sender details. A contact card appears
- Pull down and take command
- 'Save' to add more details
- 'Edit' (available for existing contacts) to edit the details
- Save the contact to People app by tapping on 'Accept'.