The instructions below are good for SailfishOS versions 184.108.40.206 and later.
There is a video clip in the end of this article covering phase 1-3.
- Launch Store application
- Sign in to your Jolla account if requested
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Tap on "Jolla"
- Tap on "Microsoft Exchange"
- Pull down "Install".
- Make sure you have a working internet connection.
- Go to "Settings" and choose "Accounts"
- Select "Add account" in the pull down menu
- Select "Microsoft Exchange"
- Enter the following information
- email address
- username (usually your email address goes here, too)
- server domain (leave it empty if your server does not have one)
- Tap on '"Accept" near top right corner to make your Jolla download the required settings automatically for you in case your service provider supports autodiscover. You can then skip to PHASE 3.
- If you know already that your service provider does not support autodiscover, then tap on “Manual Setup” (at the bottom of this window) and carry on to PHASE 2.
Enter the following information:
- Server domain name (leave it empty if your server does not have one)
- Server address
- private customers: outlook.office365.com or m.hotmail.com or something else
- business customers: contact your IT support
- Server port number (most servers use port 443)
- Enable secure connection chosen (so the 'LED' is lit in front of that line)
- If your server has a self-signed certificate enable "Accept all SSL certificates" option
- Tap on "Accept" in top right corner to save the settings.
- Your Jolla is now showing the service options – select the options you prefer:
- Which services you want it to synchronise (email, contacts, calendar)
- Automatic or manual synchronization, sync interval, busy times
- Peak hours and days
- Past periods from which you want to get emails and calendar events
- Place of conflict resolution ("server" usually).
- Service provisioning: switch ON
If your account creation fails and/or your IT support instructs you to do so, you can turn provisioning off and try to create the account again. Some servers will accept devices that are not provisionable. Note that even SailfishOS 220.127.116.11 does not yet support all provisioning policies (e.g. remote swipe). Consult your IT support for more information about your server settings.
- Scroll to page top.
- Tap on "Accept".
Exchange starts syncing your data now. After a couple of minutes you have your emails, calendar appointments and contacts in your device, depending on the choices you made.
NOTE: There is no dedicated application for MS Exchange in Jolla. MS Exchange appears among one of the email accounts in Mail application. Mail application can be installed from Jolla Store - it is in "Essential apps from Jolla".